The Air & Space Museum will be closed from March 28, 2022, to Fall 2022. I will update after we revisit in the Fall. The Guide will not be for sale until then but it is included in the combo pack.
All You Need for a Stress-Free Museum Trip with Kids!
I created this Air and Space Guide for the DC museum after 10 years of living in the area and learning that this Smithsonian did not have a guide for families.
I love that the Smithsonians are free to visit but it can mean crowds and it's easy to get overwhelmed with all that's available! This guide takes the guesswork out of planning a fun and easy day for everyone.
*NOTE: As of January 16, the DC Air and Space Museum will be closed until further notice. They had previously announced a Fall 2022 reopening and I will update this guide once we re-visit in the Fall. Can't wait!
1) Museum Guide = 6 pages includes:
- Know Before You Go (Best time to beat the crowds and parking tips)
- Age-Specific Pages (Babies and Toddlers, Elementary and Teens)
- What is open now in 2022
- 3 Can't-Miss Exhibits for each age group
- Kid-Friendly Food Options nearby
- Gift Shop Alternatives for each age group
- And much more! (best restrooms, nursing areas, daily free activities!)
2) Passport download for your Kids
- Your child can Personalize the first page
- Pages for each Smithsonian Museum in DC with spots for them to fill out what they liked in the museum.
- The last page is a "Stamps" page for them to cut and paste after they visit
What is the Format?
An 11 page PDF will be emailed to you directly upon purchase. You will also receive any updated versions automictically (planning a Spring 2022 update once more open/close info is finalized for the Smithsonians). You can print the pdf or read it on your phone where all the links are clickable.
Testimonies from DC Parents
"These guides are lifesavers! The Smithsonian museums have so much to offer that it can be easy to get swallowed up in all the exhibits. These guides help me focus my visits on the parts of the museum that have the biggest impact on my kids. I especially love the "Mom Tips" - I've been visiting Smithsonian museums for years and didn't know half of them!" - Elle, Mom of 4
"These guides take all the guesswork and stress out of visiting a Smithsonian museum with kids. I love the practical logistical information from a fellow mom who knows how important it is to locate food and restrooms with toddlers! I also appreciate the suggestions for what to do with different age ranges, and what to prioritize if you don't have much time." - Meg, DC toddler mom
"Living in the suburbs, we love visiting the museums year-round. My kids love filling out their own Passport for the museums! They now see it around the house and ask when we can go get another "stamp!" - Will, Dad of 2
Email me at familytripguides (at) gmail.com if you have any questions or find me most days at www.instagram.com/familytripguides 😄